Friday, September 11, 2015

Get Fresh Hollywood!

                                                                                       
WARNING!!! Don't get offended if you disagree.
What the picture on the left said. Thank you. :)














         If you haven't noticed, Hollywood has come out with Disney remakes, reboots, and a whole bunch of sequels. What do they have in common? They're not NEW. Sure, I want to see Hotel Transylvania 2 and The new Hunger Games, but when you're retelling stories we've already heard, it gets a little...well...annoying. That is exactly why I didn't want to see Disney's live action Cinderella. Although I did see Maleficent, I like the original story of Sleeping Beauty better. 

          Throughout film history, movies have been based off of books, Fairy tales, and true stories. But hold on a sec! I'm not saying this is a bad thing! I LOVE Alice In Wonderland and The Lord of The Rings. So don't get me wrong, all movies need some kind of inspiration. 

           Now keep in mind, I'm not saying we don't have anything new. We always a few new things out. Movies like Wreck-it-Ralph, Jupiter Ascending, and San Andreas.

           Are the sequels and remakes popular and/or demanded by the public? .......I don't know. But I do know that they get a lot of publicity. I bet we're all thinking of Star Wars when I say this. Some of our film sequels are just plain unnecessary. They did that a lot in the 90's and early 2000's to our Disney movies. Such as Pocahontas II, and Atlantis: Milo's Return. But not all of them were bad.  

            
            So basically, I think the movie makers need to cut down of adding on to stuff. Including the rumors about some new Avatar movies. So for the love of the world, cut down on the X-men and Terminators already!!! New stories are just as exciting as each new part of a story.  Another thing that bugs me about this is when classics are remade with these wacky twists, making the story entirely different. One film I can point out with this is Maleficent. Making Aurora's own father the ENEMY? Does anybody else not like that?  Although it's good to see Maleficent get her happy ending, I can't help but want Aurora's romantic ending as well.

           Do you agree with this? Why or Why not? Be sure to like, share, comment, and always come back for more enchanted tales of film!

          

            


2 comments:

  1. Now I haven't seen either of those movies, buuuuuut I think you're a really good writer and you make some great observations!

    ReplyDelete